Day 161

Today I finished up my movie before uploading it to YouTube:

WORK.jpg

I also deleted all unnecessary files and really cleaned everything up before finishing up with the school year. I then saved a lot of PSD files to export onto my personal flash drive.

Advertisements

Day 160

I stabilized each clip today using iMovie along with adding the Northwest Tech logo along with the Digital Design logo. I carefully waited till I mentioned Digital Design in my video to place the logo then. I did the same for the Northwest Tech logo. I also added effects to some of the photos rather than leaving them ordinary. For instance, instead of just displaying the Digital Design logo, I used the Picture in Picture option with a dissolving speed of 0.5 seconds. Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 12.56.48 PM.png

And added other effects to this photo:

Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 12.56.29 PM.png

Also adding a certain level of opacity to the Northwest Tech logo:Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 1.09.20 PM.png

Along with everything above, I edited how long the clips of each photo lasted and added an additional transition to the end of the video so that it fades to black. I made sure that my face was still visible towards the end of the video though.

 

Day 158

I tried editing the logo further but could not. So I’ll edit a different photo instead:

All I did was use the Spot Healing Brush. Before:

Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 1.16.42 PM.png

After:

Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 1.16.47 PM.png

On the next image, the first step was to remove unnecessary distractions.

Before:

Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 2.20.19 PM.png

After:

Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 2.20.23 PM.png

Then I got a font from Dafont.com and used a grey color to type in a specific date before rotating it 90 degrees:

Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 2.22.41 PM.png

 

Then felt it wasn’t big or dark enough so I edited it and was happy with the final product:

IMG.jpg

Then imported a photo, created two new layers, and filled one with a color overlay of dark blue and another with a cream color before changing the brightness to 30 and the contrast to 50. Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 2.38.42 PM.png

I was just following a YouTube tutorial to get a vintage look. Then created a gradient overlay with an angle:

Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 2.44.21 PM.png

Then finally, added a layer mask:

Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 2.50.41 PM.png

Then hid one of the layers (not in the tutorial):

Filtered1.jpg

I just like that one better.

Day 157

I tried recreating the logo, but due to the ways that I altered the Gradient overlay, I do not remember everything I did to Mae them appear differently so I cannot accurately replicate it. I did not know how to get the same shape either. So I used the Custom Shape Tool, then the Direct Selection Tool to move the points and make it the exact same shape and size as the one before.

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 12.44.56 PM.png

I traced over the above image too replicate the shapes and make sure the spacing would be exactly the same.

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 12.44.51 PM.png

Then selected all three and converted it into a smart object and saved it after merging the layers. I am now able to put the logo onto other pictures.

Then created a drop shadow effect:

Untitled5.jpg

Then, of course, the banner:

newishbnnnershapes.jpg

Day 156

Created a new document:Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 1.09.37 PM.png

Added a rectangle:

Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 1.10.06 PM.png

Then my name and EP:

Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 1.14.33 PM.png

Then the title:

Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 1.14.55 PM.png

I kept thinking of a name for the cover. I used the shapes as a theme, and have one of the songs titled The Events That Shaped Me. I finally thought of Shapeshifting. Meaning throughout the course of the songs I was shaped differently and changing. Which also makes the fact that each song cover has a different shape even better.

 

I then made a banner:

Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 2.31.20 PM.png

 

Day 155

I started with this:

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 12.52.20 PM.png

Then searched DaFont.com for a modern, clean font and was going to follow a YouTube tutorial but it did not turn out the way it was intended to.

I created a new document, and used multiple layers, multiple transparency levels, and multiple colors to create a background. I also used a Custom Shape.

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 2.26.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 2.26.42 PM.png

Then added two text layers, carefully spacing out the letters:
Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 2.41.57 PM.pngu